Monday, December 14, 2009

Revision Excersize Notes

I had my sister cut up my story and paste it back together. It was a weird experience for me because it gave me ideas on how to spilt up my back story. I originally new that I had too much back story like we have talked about in the boards for a while, but how to split it up was hard for me the fathom. For example, one of the places in the story that was eye opening was when Paul was on the plane to Turkey. Right after he falls asleep it jumps to Jo and Paul talking for hours in the car on the ride home from school. That got me thinking that Paul could dream a back memory and split some of the back story up. I also realized that in cutting up the story there were only two sections that even mention Paul's brother, and those sections really add nothing. HE dies at the end so I figured he should probably be more developed as a character. Therefore, in my revision you'll see he has a bigger place in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment