Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Day in the Life

Coming into my kitchen early before the restaurant opens. Preparing the days ingredients. Slowly turning the knob of the double oven where all my masterpieces blend together in to the lush tasted and addicting smells that draw followers in to try the delicacies that only I can create. My inspiration is the taste bud. What new surprise I can provide, what unknown valley I can send a knew flavor down? Its more than cooking to me it is a passion and an adventure. Everyone knows peas and carrots go together, but what doesn't everyone know? That's my mission. I love the feeling of cutting chopped vegetables. The crunch when the knife hits the fresh skin. The rhythmic motion of whipping fresh egg whites is therapy on a bad day. The sound of the mix on a frying pan is music to my ears, flipping it over seeing my masterpiece come together. Most people would look and see that it's just breakfast coming together, to me it's the start of my day, the first painting on my canvas, the beginning of my daily portfolio. I do what I do for the love of what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment